Policies & Procedures
- Have Fun!
- All Students are making a commitment for the dance season; End-September thru end of May/Beg. June. (unless enrolled into adult or 10 week session programs)
- All Students are expected to attend each class and arrive on time
- Respect all classmates and instructors
- No cell phones allowed in classroom
- No talking in rehearsals or classes
- No negative comments to or about anyone/work together as a team/support each other with positive feedback…everyone will have his or her time to shine
- Water should be brought to class. No gum, food, or drink (besides water) allowed in the studio.
- All students are expected to try their best and work as hard as they can. 100% effort will pay off! Personal integrity and hard work are what makes dance fun and challenging for everyone
- All students must follow the dress code. See dress code information
- Parents: Please support all dancers and have a great time watching your children grow and learn!
- We welcome all students and parents to DDA Dance Academy!
Policies & Procedures (Annual program for Group Children’s Classes)
REGISTRATION: Students may register anytime until Beg-December 2017. Register early, classes are limited! Our yearly school runs from September 18th to end of May/or Beg- June. There is an annual non-refundable/non-transferable registration fee of $30 per student ($40/Max. per family). DDA requires that a registration form is completely filled out and signed or electronically agreed to and signed for each dancer for our records, emergency, and scheduling purposes. A reserved spot in class will only be confirmed once payment has been received.
- Participants in the program must be at least 2.5yrs. by September 18th, 2017 (unless enrolling into our Music & Movement program for ages 4 months-2.5 years)
- DDA reserves the right to make changes to tuition, curriculum, and schedule. A class with less than five students is subject to cancellation. Additional classes and age groups may be added.
Tuition ranges from $585-$645 for 1 45min-60min class for the entire dance season. There is a non-refundable one time fee due upon registration of $150 for 75 minute classes or $200 for 90 minute classes.
For convenience, we offer two payment plans… Payment in full before September 18th registration (offering a 2.5% discount if registration is completed before September 18th, 2017 cash check only)-discount does not apply to our tiny tappers program or music & movement program) or the 10 Installment Plan (giving you the option of breaking tuition down into 10 payments). Tuition is due at the 1st of the month. Payment #1, #9 & #10 are due upon registration plus the registration fee. Tuition is evenly distributed. It is the cost of the year broken down into 10 payments (3 installments up front). There will be approx. 30-33 dance classes in a school year and picture day/dress rehearsal (unless registering for fitness classes or our tiny tappers program). Methods of payment for sessions or 10 installment plan include cash, credit, or check (credit card payments available online).
Tuition will only be pro-rated beginning November 1st 2017. If enrolling late between September and November 1st, dancers may make up the classes missed from the beginning of the school with in a period of 4 months from enrollment date. Their will not be make up classes due to inclement weather because days are allotted in our school calendar. If we go over the allotted amount DDA allow for make ups in other classes.
If you choose the 10 Installment payment plan, a credit card will be required to remain on account. If your account is 60 days past due we will charge your credit card. There is a $10 late fee per month for tuition not received during the week due (7 DAY GRACE PERIOD). Please make checks payable to DDA Dance Academy and remember to write dancers’ name in memo! There is a $30 charge for all returned checks.
The dancer will not be able to participate in class/annual recital if the account is not up to date. DDA reserves the right to drop any student for non-payment of their tuition. Invoices will only be sent out via email if a payment is late.
**Please note, if you prepay and are unable to complete the season, refunds cannot be granted. Tuition is non -refundable.
INCLEMENT WEATHER/SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS
Should the studio be closed due to inclement weather or emergencies, dance class cancellations and information will be emailed, posted on our website and facebook, or you can call 201.819.7989 and check the studio message an hour before classes commence. The academy reserves the right to use substitute teachers when necessary
We will be closed during Thanksgiving, Winter Recess, February Recess, Spring Recess, and Memorial Day Weekend. Please refer to our calendar document for specific dates.
Parents please check your email regularly, almost all information and photos will be communicated via email. **Please make sure emails from firstname.lastname@example.org (DDA Dance Academy/Deana Gentile) are not being blocked and going into your spam folder!** If you do not have email, please check our website often to make sure you are receiving all of the latest information.
Thank you! Newsletters, reminders, and any statements of account will be communicated by email as well. Information may also be posted in lobby. It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to be aware of important dates and all studio activities. Please inform us of any address, telephone, or email changes throughout the year.
YEAR END DANCE RECITAL
The dates for this performance to be announced. The schedule for our mandatory dress rehearsal will also be given later in the school year. Tickets may be purchased for approximately $24/each. Tickets go on sale several weeks before the recital.
Costume deposit of $60/student/class due November 1st. Child costumes average in price from $68-85. Child M-Adult costumes average from $68-$100. Balances are due by December 1st. Costume fees are non-refundable. Costume charges will be processed on these dates automatically if you are on auto pay. Parents/Guardians accept full responsibility for all expenses, including surcharges and postage for costumes ordered late.
Attendance will be taken each class. To reach full potential in class, a student must attend on a consistent basis. We expect regular attendance from all of our students at DDA. Any student arriving 10 minutes after the class has begun will have to observe due to safety reasons. If a student must miss a class, please notify the Academy. Poor class attendance may result in dismissal from performances at the discretion of the instructor.